Tuesday 6 October 2015

Evaluation

 Evaluation Questions

1. In what ways does your student magazine use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My Magazine cover needed to feature some of the main elements of a typical magazine cover, It needed to have a Central Image, Masthead and Coverlines in particular, which I made sure to include. Without these, the cover would likely not look similar to a magazine.

2. How does your student magazine represent particular social groups?

The social group my magazine represented was Students, primarily. I believed that my magazine does apply to the targeted social group, covering all sorts of issues and articles related to young people in college.

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your magazine and why?

My magazine did not explicitly apply to only one location, so It could be distributed as part of any college in the country. Perhaps even getting students involved, sending in their own articles to be published in the magazine.

4. Who would be the audience for your student magazine?

Anyone just starting out at college, whether confused or completely confidence. Everyone needs a hand in the early parts of college life, and those who don't could always do with knowing more about their area and college respectively.

5. How did you attract/address your audience?

The house style I used for the magazine was used intentionally to attract to a more youthful audience, using quite vibrant colours and simple fonts, however the content is still quite formal so the magazine does not come across as childish or inappropriate. 

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the student magazine?

I have learned how to use Blogger to post periodic updates to my magazines creation process. I primarily learnt a lot about InDesign which I had not used before, grasping most of the basic tools. Learning about InDesign now will allow me to have a much smoother experience with my future coursework for the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment