Thursday 5 November 2015

Masthead Development

I like the third Masthead design because I think it is most suitable for the target audience. I believe it looks quite formal, although it does not look quite as mature as the two above. The masthead must not look too comical or informal, as my magazine will aim to be quite formal and aim at a slightly older audience of around 17 to 25 although it also should not look too old or antique, the genre of magazine is not for classical music, after all. 

All three of the mastheads are using Serif fonts, such as Rockwell Extra Bold and Lucida Calligraphy, because I think they look more formal as a whole however they also put a much more stylised appearance into my whole cover to emphasise the unique and original genre, or theme, I have chosen of pop and entertainment through time.

The colours I have chosen seem to be quite bleak and bland, but this should be contrasted by the colours in the background, alternatively they could be reworked to look slightly more vibrant although this should not become a problem. 

The first and last mastheads are quite tightly tracked, this does help add to the formality of the mastheads, however the first one does start to look rather messy whereas the third has a more clean, straight look to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment