Thursday 5 November 2015

Pitch

Pitch

Idea:

I want my music magazine to cover pop through time, specifically in the last 60-70 years, I also want my magazine to look more in to the world of entertainment and film, as well as being about music. Some similar magazines to this would be Rolling Stone and Mojo, both of which cover a wide variety of music both past and present, Rolling Stone also looks at some elements of entertainment instead of being solely based on music.

Institution:

I think that the institutions Bauer Media, or Wenner Media may like to publish a magazine like mine, as they both publish magazines with similar genres to mine, while it still remains individual and unique.

Target Audience:

The desired target audience for my magazine will be from the ages 16 to 25, but it could also apply to those above that range. My magazine will cover a range of different pop music through the last 60-70 years so the audience will need to be mature and have a passion for pop music as a whole and not just contemporary pop.

Style:

I want my magazine to have a more vintage look to it, possibly looking like it was created in anywhere from the 60s to 80s, this would give the magazine a much more stylised and unique look and would also link heavily to my genre of pop music both past and present. 

Similarly, the magazine could also feature some black and white, and grey colours to give it a much more classic look - but not too much, as this would make the magazine look dull and boring.


Double Page Spread:

My Double Page Spread could feature an artist or band from today whose music has been inflicted by music from the past, or possibly about an artist that covers music from the past. This would suit the genre of the magazine as it aims to focus on music from both the past and the present.

The Double Page spread will need to feature a photograph (and masthead) that covers two pages, as well as an article based on that photograph. The double page spread should fit in with my house style and colour scheme so that it fits in with the rest of the magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment