Friday 29 April 2016

Evaluation - Question 4

4. Who would be the audience for your media product.

Though I did try to give my magazine as wide of a target audience as possible, it did have a more specific audience. 

The age range for my magazine, as detailed in my Pitch, was to be between the ages 16 and 25. The overall aim of my magazine was to expose a younger generation to an older type of music. 

In doing this, I did also give my magazine a more classic and old-school appearance. In the magazine may attract the attention of more generations, young and old, including those who can remember the music of the past. However, in attempts to attract this younger audience, the models I used for my photography were both members of my target audience's age range - This could work in my favour to attract more younger people, who may be drawn to the magazine by the inclusion of younger people inside it.

Again, in an attempt to attract this younger audience, I put the price of my magazine to £3.69, which I thought was quite affordable and below the more conventional £4.50, or around that mark. Alternatively, the magazine is also a bit more expensive than a typical, conventional pop magazine, mainly due to the amount of content featured in the magazine with much more writing than flashy subheadings. 

The culture of my magazine has always been for more of a western culture, focusing almost entirely on music from the UK and the US over the last 60-70 years. In this respect, the magazine may not appeal to those more immersed in European or Asian culture, who may not necessarily respect the genres and music that is heavily featured in the magazine. 

My magazine, I believe, may appeal to a more traditionalist audience that perhaps aren't so interested in the pop music of the present, and instead want to stick to that of generations gone by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment